What is Document Automation?
- Document Automation is the term that describes the process of converting Word, WordPerfect, or PDF documents into automated templates. This process is ideal for repetitive types of documents (contracts, letters, HR forms, legal documents, sales agreements, etc…).
- Once your documents are automated, you can proceed to the document assembly phase. This is where you and others in your organization use templates to quickly create error-free, custom, transaction-ready documents.
How do I Automate My Documents with HotDocs?
HotDocs Developer is powerful document automation software that lets you create Word, WordPerfect and PDF templates.
Simple or complex. For most people, basic template development skills can be learned quickly and will be enough to create powerful templates – no need to be a software engineer! However, HotDocs Developer also has the ability to handle the most complex documents imaginable (hundreds of pages long with graphics, tables, calculations, inserts, extensive logic, external links, database connections, etc…). For complex templates, we have a team of experts ready to assist you in the development process. Click here for more info on our consulting and development services.
For a basic overview, watch our Intro to HotDocs webinar.
Why Should I Automate my Documents?
- Save Time. With automated templates, documents that used to take hours to create now take minutes. Automation makes your entire document creation process more efficient.
- Save Money. Time savings means less money spent to create every document. Automate the process and free up time that can be spent on more productive activities!
- Eliminate Errors. Non-automated document generation processes are prone to errors. Say farewell to these errors by automating your documents.