Technical Presales Engineer
AbacusNext International has a career opportunity for a Technical Pre Sales Engineer to join the HotDocs team located in Edinburgh, UK.
WHO WE ARE
As a market leading technology provider, AbacusNext International is part of the AbacusNext group of companies and works with global banks, international corporations, government agencies and enterprises of all sizes across the world. Our award-winning technology is used across a range of sectors including financial services, legal, corporate, government and publishing to provide risk mitigation, compliance and operational efficiency in the production of business-critical documentation. Continually growing, AbacusNext International is seeking to expand our team to meet market demand for our document automation technology.
We were founded on one simple concept: improving the lives of professionals through the use of technology. Its competencies serve to simplify the adoption, implementation, and management of technology to quickly increase revenues, reduce costs, and maximize efficiencies, while keeping security and compliance at the forefront.
WHAT WE DO
We serve clients at every level of their organization, in whatever capacity we can be most useful, whether as a trusted advisor to large firm executive management or as a hands-on coach for sole practitioners. Target verticals include lawyers, general counsel, accounting firms, CPAs, government, and other private professional service organizations. For every engagement, we propose a solution tailored to meet their unique business needs and provide the utmost care in the implementation process.
No matter the challenge, we focus on delivering practical and enduring results, and equipping our clients to grow and lead. We partner with clients to put solution recommendations into practice and grow their businesses through the leverage of highly secure, compliant and functional business systems.
The primary responsibility for this position will be presales support activities for HotDocs enterprise software sales and provide technical (including API) expertise for the HotDocs partners. The successful candidate will apply their knowledge of business process design, architecture and technology to design solutions for our customers. Exceptional customer engagement is key to being successful in this role. You will be communicating the value of the solutions you provide, managing customer requirements and taking the lead in solving the business needs of our customers and prospects. The role will involve providing assistance to the commercial side of the business in areas of technical presales and requirements elicitation with prospective customers. You will also be working alongside the technical consultants on multiple projects. We are looking for someone who is ambitious, innovative and sets high standards for themselves in order to provide the best customer experience.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide technical expert support during the sales process
- Work with business development to drive sales opportunities
- Demonstrate the product capabilities via onsite / webinar presentations
- Respond and take ownership of technical responses for RFI / RFP
- Capture customer requirements using a variety of standard techniques
- POC design/implementation as required (including both client-side and server-side development in ASP.NET or other web technologies)
- Application integration between HotDocs products and third party applications
- Analyse client requirements, conceptualise possible solutions, and tailor demonstrations and proposals to customer needs
- Be involved in the estimation of project implementations based on solution designs
- Engage and enable our partners to use and sell our technologies
- Work closely with marketing on events and customer engagement
- Coordinate between Sales process and Services implementation as necessary
- Technical: Experience as a software engineer or in a similar role is required, alongside good experience of Web Technologies, Web Architecture, Cloud hosting Architecture.
- Communication: Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to formulate coherent arguments, describe possible solutions and deliver them to multiple stakeholders with varying levels of technical understanding. Experience in product demonstrations and/or working directly with potential clients in a pre-sales process.
- Organisational Skills: Highly organised with the ability to handle multiple and diverse projects simultaneously.
- Time Management: Must be able to manage workload, prioritise and make decisions as to what needs to be completed and when.
- Creativity and Innovative: Must be able to visualise solutions quickly and come up with recommendations of tools and technologies that will meet the needs of customers.
- Teamwork: Must be able to work within a team environment to achieve the delivery of multiple consulting projects.
- Problem Solving: Must be able to logically step through complex problems and to articulate the possible solutions.
- Self-Directed: Must be a motivated person with the ability to take high level concepts and translate them into actionable work tasks.
What We Offer:
At AbacusNext International, you will work in collaborative and innovative environment, with the opportunity for career progression and the ability to challenge yourself and add to your responsibilities as you grow with the company. Our excellent benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- Private pension and health insurance
- Generous leave allowance
- Safari Books Online subscription - an online catalogue of more than 40,000 books, videos, and interactive tutorials from over 200 of the world’s best publishers, including O’Reilly and Pearson
- Microsoft Gold partnership, allowing full MSDN access and monthly Azure credit
- Regular work-based and social activities with the wider AbacusNext International team