AbacusNext International has a career opportunity for a UX/UI Designer specializing in text analytics to join the HotDocs team located in Edinburgh, UK.
WHO WE ARE
As a market leading technology provider, AbacusNext International is part of the AbacusNext group of companies and works with global banks, international corporations, government agencies and enterprises of all sizes across the world. Our award-winning technology is used across a range of sectors including financial services, legal, corporate, government and publishing to provide risk mitigation, compliance and operational efficiency in the production of business-critical documentation. Continually growing, AbacusNext International is seeking to expand our team to meet market demand for our document automation technology.
We were founded on one simple concept: improving the lives of professionals through the use of technology. Its competencies serve to simplify the adoption, implementation, and management of technology to quickly increase revenues, reduce costs, and maximize efficiencies, while keeping security and compliance at the forefront.
WHAT WE DO
We serve clients at every level of their organization, in whatever capacity we can be most useful, whether as a trusted advisor to large firm executive management or as a hands-on coach for sole practitioners. Target verticals include lawyers, general counsel, accounting firms, CPAs, government, and other private professional service organizations. For every engagement, we propose a solution tailored to meet their unique business needs and provide the utmost care in the implementation process.
No matter the challenge, we focus on delivering practical and enduring results, and equipping our clients to grow and lead. We partner with clients to put solution recommendations into practice and grow their businesses through the leverage of highly secure, compliant and functional business systems.
Do you believe that all digital products should benefit from the principles and processes of a user-centred design? That the business tools that people use daily should adhere to the same standards of design and usability as the other tools in their digital lives? Do you want to take ownership of a product, be involved in all stages of its development, and help define and drive UX design strategy for a whole company? Do you know your Segoe from your San Francisco?
We are seeking a User Experience Designer to join our product development team in Edinburgh, servicing teams in Edinburgh and the U.S. You should be motivated by the responsibilities and benefits of sound design practice, and be a passionate advocate for the processes and results by which these principles are expressed (the kind of person who experiences acute professional frustration on discovering pull handles on a door that can only be pushed).
Working alongside our Agile development teams as we expand our core enterprise desktop and cloud products, you will have a portfolio that demonstrates proven experience in user research methods, design prototyping and user-testing, with a keen eye for detail, elegant design and layout, from initial wireframe to final implementation.
Our culture embraces doing what is best for others — clients, colleagues, and the community — while taking a long-term perspective on the organisations success.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, HCI or UCD-related field
- Familiarity with technical considerations of design for desktop and web
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Fluency in the conventions and best practices of interaction design and usability
- Excellent analytical and communication skills – can you present to persuade?
- Familiarity with the usual UX design tool suspects: Adobe CS, Balsamiq, Sketch, Axure, InVision etc.
- Proven projects with portfolio of previous work
- A passion for all things design, visual and product – eat it, live it, breath it
- The flexibility and the ability to dynamically multi-task – you’ll be working across different teams and products
- The ability to communicate and justify design decisions to technical and business audiences – just why is that subtle animated cue so vital?
What We Offer:
At AbacusNext International, you will work in collaborative and innovative environment, with the opportunity for career progression and the ability to challenge yourself and add to your responsibilities as you grow with the company. Our excellent benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- Private pension and health insurance
- Generous leave allowance
- Safari Books Online subscription - an online catalogue of more than 40,000 books, videos, and interactive tutorials from over 200 of the world’s best publishers, including O’Reilly and Pearson
- Microsoft Gold partnership, allowing full MSDN access and monthly Azure credit
- Regular work-based and social activities with the wider AbacusNext International team