HotDocs Developer 11 - Features
- Transform word processor documents and PDF forms into document generation templates.
- Works inside your word processor.
- Easily insert simple and computed variables into text.
- Create formulas for computed variables of virtually any sophistication.
- Easily format variables (for example, no matter what format a system user chooses to enter a date in a field, the date will be merged into the document in your pre-specified format).
- Merge repeating information into a document in any format (i.e. in a bullet list or into a sentence with proper punctuation).
- Easily designate conditional text and create conditional formulas of any complexity.
- Share variables and formulas across word processor documents and PDF forms.
- Define libraries of optional clauses.
- HotDocs automatically creates a question for each variable used in a document.
- Create custom interviews by grouping questions in forms (dialogs).
- Create custom look for dialogs.
- Create help resources for individual questions.
- Define range validation parameters for questions.
Deploy In Any Environment
- A HotDocs process app will run on the desktop (HotDocs User), in on-premise server environments (requires HotDocs Server), or in the cloud (HotDocs Cloud Services).
- HotDocs provides a number of different web applications for stand-alone deployments of HotDocs.
- Integrate HotDocs interviews into custom or commercially available web applications and workflows.
- iframe technology enables rapid integrations.
To ensure the best experience using HotDocs Developer 11, please note the following system requirements:
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 1 GHz processor (2 GHz or faster recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB, recommended)
- 250 MB hard disk space for installation process, 85 MB thereafter
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
Minimum Software Requirements
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit or 64-bit) or Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
- Microsoft Word 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016
- Corel WordPerfect X4 , X5, X6 or X7
Platform Specific Software Requirements
To upload templates to HotDocs Server, Documents Services, or Cloud Services, and to enable Silverlight-based interviews for your HotDocs Server-enabled templates, the following items are required:
- Microsoft Silverlight 5 SDK
- Microsoft Silverlight 5.1 Runtime
- Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 and 4.0
Minimum Database Requirements
If you plan to integrate HotDocs with a database, you must use one of the following databases:
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle 8 and up—It is strongly recommended that you use the Oracle Provider for OLE DB (OraOLEDB) instead of the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle (MSDAORA)
- Most other ODBC-compliant databases