HotDocs Server 11 - System Requirements
The hardware requirements for your system vary depending upon the type and complexity of the templates assembled. HotDocs Server performance is primarily bound by disk I/O speed, which means you should ensure that the disk system is as fast as possible. Also, additional RAM improves disk I/O speed by allowing the operating system to cache more files in system memory. The basic recommended hardware configuration is as follows:
- 2 or more processors (2 GHz or faster) (Single processor machines can work well for development and lower load production environments.)
- At least 1GB RAM available (2 GB recommended for the HotDocs Server process)
- At least 500MB of fast local storage (SCSI or comparable recommended) to accommodate software, templates and temporary/working files
Your system must meet the following software requirements before you can install:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2008r2, 2012 or 2012r2
Note: When deploying on Windows Server 2012, it is recommended that the temporary directory be located on an NTFS partition rather than ReFS.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.0
Note: On some operating systems, if the HotDocs Server installation program does not detect .NET Framework on your machine, the HotDocs Server installation program installs these elements automatically. On other operating systems, such as Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012, you must manually install the .NET Framework before you install HotDocs Server.
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 7 or greater
- Common HTTP Features: Static Content, Default Document
- Application Development: ASP.NET, .NET Extensibility
Note: With Server 2012, you need to manually enable ASP.NET 3.5 and 4.5, as well as .NET Extensibility 3.5 and 4.5.
- Security: Basic Authentication, Request Filtering.
- Management Tools: IIS Management Console, IIS Management Scripts and Tools
- Microsoft Silverlight 5 SDK (included in the HotDocs Server install)