What’s New with Developer 11
Introducing the most powerful document generation software ever!
Here are some of the great new features introduced with HotDocs Developer 11.
Broader Development Platform
- Author templates and generate documents natively in DOCX format.
- Microsoft Office 2013 and WordPerfect 16 compatibility.
- Introductory support for plain text (including HTML or XML) automation.
More Powerful Automation
- More powerful scripting tools and techniques to allow for easier generalization, maintenance and sharing of code.
- New functions that make it easier to do financial, mathematical and text calculations.
- New web forum allows for finding and sharing reusable computations and scripts with the broader HotDocs community (parameter passing).
- More comprehensive plugin API. Makes it easy for users to browse, enable and disable plugins directly through the Options screen. Output Plugins make it easier to send assembled documents or other content to 3rd party software or services, directly from the HotDocs desktop interface.
- Enhanced Ribbon in MS Word makes creating new templates more straightforward.
- HotDocs Models (formerly Model Documents) are ideal for simple automation projects and collaborative projects where some parties may not have HotDocs installed. HotDocs Models can now be edited and tested via the HotDocs Ribbon in MS Word.
- Improved help system offers window-level helps for each screen to make it easier to see help functions. Enhanced search functions.
- Enhanced Outliner tool. Opens in Word, making it easy to navigate the structure of a template to understand where and how variables are used.